Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Late Night Ramblings

I often forget I have one of these until I see a friend post something on theirs...

Regardless, its late at night/early in the morning, so I am banking on the fact that my emotional restrictions are loosened due to fatigue and/or hunger.

Habits are hard to form, because they typically have to dissolve the already existing habit of not having a habit.  Currently, I wish to develop a habit of exercising more and being more productive with my down time.  However, both of these are thwarted by the already existing habit of mine of watching random youtube videos and playing video games when I am bored.  If there is one thing harder than making a habit of doing something, its breaking a habit of doing nothing.
This week I have absolutely nothing to do.  By far, this is the most open week I have had in years.  Years. My roommates are home for the holidays, the love of my life is with her family, and the vast majority of my local friends have also left.  Sad and alone? Not at all.  Bored out of my mind? Very yes. I have found that if I have too much free time, I begin to have thoughts that rival the insanity of the recent movie depiction of Sherlock Holmes.
 I created a list of productive things I could be doing this week in order to maintain sanity.  I am now 3 days into the week, and the list has been untouched.  Instead, I have occupied my time by watching the same 22 second clip helicopter scene from the new A-team movie about 100 times, checking every half hour on my school's website to see if my grades are posted, watching reruns of The Big Bang Theory, dragging my mattress from upstairs down to the living room thus slowly converting my living room into my bedroom for the next 3 days, and blogging.  I have also begun to play one of my favorite video games over again.  For about the 38th time in my life.  Only this time, I am writing down every possible phrase in the game, thus creating a game-script that I can modify into a best-selling novel....
Things I have realized in the past week or so:
-I remember why I disliked Final Fantasy 8 so much
-A mattress that is not fully supported from below WILL INDEED slant towards the weaker support, thus causing me to slide towards that side while I am asleep.
-I can eat trail mix at any time of the day, regardless of hunger or lack thereof.
-Knowing someone's name does NOT make it easier to set them on fire with your mind.
-Quoting funny webcomic phrases are only funny to those who have read them. Disregard my previous point if you thought I was remotely serious.
-Making a headband out of bubble-wrap would make it fun to headbutt people.
-Bubblewrap without a hyphen is not a recognizable word in the English language, according to the little red squiggle under it.
-Wedding announcements, as great as they are, are still a reminder of what must eventually happen.
-They can also give nasty paper cuts.
-Papercuts is also not a word.  Thank you red squiggle.

Anyways....

No comments:

Post a Comment